Save this file in your course folder, and name it with Assignment, the section number, and your first initial and last name. For example, Jessie Robinson's assignment for Section 1 would be named Assignment1JRobinson.
Type the answers to the assignment questions below. Use complete sentences unless the question says otherwise. You will have more than one day to complete an assignment. At the end of each day, be sure to save your progress.
Review Lesson 4 of the Course Overview for instructions about turning in your assignments.
In Section 7, you learned about business and society. Now, you'll apply what you learned.
1. Describe at least one global trend that you think offers a business opportunity in the global marketplace. (1-5 sentences. 2.0 points)
2. Describe at least three risks a company might face if it participates in global trade. (1-3 sentences. 3.0 points)
3. Describe the purpose of the SEC. (1-4 sentences. 2.0 points)
4. Go to the EPA Web site and learn about one of the environmental laws that may affect businesses. Explain the law and how it might affect a business. (1-4 sentences. 3.0 points)
5. Choose a popular franchise, and visit the company's Web site to learn about its franchising policies. List at least three things you learned, such as costs franchisees must pay, or other rules or requirements. (1-3 sentences. 3.0 points) TIP: Popular franchises include McDonalds®, SUBWAY®, Dunkin' Donuts®, Cold Stone Creamery®, 7-Eleven®, Days Inn®, Great Clips®, Molly Maid®, and many more.
6. Describe a real or made up example of a contract that includes consideration. (1-5 sentences. 2.0 points)
7. Describe a real or made up example of the tort of interference. (1-5 sentences. 2.0 points)