Last summer, my family and I went on a camping trip, to Shaver Lake for a family reunion. The plan was to leave by 8oclock A.M., but my dad took forever to pack up the car, so we did not leave until 10oclock A.M.

It took us 6 hours to get to the campsite. When we got there, we unpacked and put up our tent. The reunion was with my moms side of the family; we did many activities, and spent a few days at my grandparents house.
One reason for the reunion was that my grandma and grandpa had recently returned from a two-year mission in Spokane, WA. My moms three sisters, Aunt Merrilyn, Aunt Debbie, and Aunt Jeanie were there with their husbands, Uncle Roy, Uncle Matt, and Uncle Garrett.

All my cousins, Michaela, Sidney, Tyler, Drew, and Solomon, were there too. And of course, my mom, dad, Blake, Dakota, Jade, and I completed the group. We had lots of fun activities planned for our time together.
We went to the beach almost every day that we were there, and we played in the in the lake on our two person boat. Some of my cousins and I found a perfect hideout. It was a huge rock with stairs carved in it.

It had a great lookout spot and a giant oak tree that hid half of it. On the third day, we rented a platoon boat. We drove the boat around the lake. A speedboat flew past us and splashed us.

On our way back to the beach, we went past a very large dam.
After waiting four hours for my dad to repack the car, we went to my grandma & grandpas house in San Jose. Because their house was full, we had to stay at a motel. The first motel smelled like smoke so we went to a hotel down the street. It was much better than the motel. On Saturday, we went to a park that had a huge field.

At the park, we had an awesome water fight. When it was over everybody was soaked. While at the house, we played on the Nintendo 64 during all of our free time. After three days, it was time to go home.
Again, we waited & waited for my dad to pack the car.

And it, once again, took him 5 hours to pack everything in perfectly. When we finally left it was 3:00 PM. It was a long journey home. Blake and I played the Nintendo 64 on the TV in our car on our way home. Everyone was tired when we got home and we all went to bed immediately.