Roles and responsibilities of different organisations used when a child has been abused or harmed.When a child has been abused or harmed the help will begin when we first find out what has been happening, then the enquiries will begin with the person who made the discovery, here is the list of the services that will be involved in the thorough investigation.

Social Services : These have statutory responsibility to provide support to vulnerable children and families in need. Most Social Workers are employed by Social Services and can provide caring support for a range of problems.Health Visitors : These have a responsibility for the health of babies and young children under five. They can provide support to parents of the children and carry out child development assessments.GP’S : These work within the community and are a gateway to other health services as they can refer children to the different agencies and may identify possible abuse signs when the child attends surgery.

Police : These might become involved in the criminal proceedings that might result from safeguarding issues.Probation Services : These support people who have been convicted of an offence to be rehabilitated into the community. They have a key role in monitoring people who have convictions involving offences against children and they need to ensure that they don’t pose a threat to local children.Child Psychologist : This service will often be used to support the children who have been abused or harmed. School : Schools and colleges are key to identifying and supporting children when they are in need of help and all staff in school / colleges must be trained in safeguarding and child protection.