1. Introduction Computerization is a control system that manages processes in industrial workplace. It reduced human errors and processing time, thus it can boost productivity and resulted into high quality of product produce. In Information System, computerization is concerned about interrelating different but interdependent transactions. This can result in a system with well-integrated processes that can perform much faster and more accurate than a manual system. Enrollment is the process of entering and verifying data of student to register on a particular school. Different interrelated processes build up enrollment procedures called Enrollment System (ES). ES are used particularly in recording and retrieving student’s information.
Tracking student’s information is also one feature of ES, in which the school can trace the standing of a student. Verifying payments was also added to update or browse student’s billings. Enrollment System is a good example of a computer generated process. This can lessen the workload and provides accurate information needed of the school. As a result, it will benefit not only the student but the administration as a whole. Grading System is designed to provide incentive reward for achievement and assist in identifying problems of the student.
Grading System is the most commonly used in computing and analyzing the performance, talent and skills of students? It is the important record to keep even for the longest time for the referral and credentials of the student to enter their next level of attaining their goals. It is the tract record that recognizes of one student, this maybe use for analyzing of your attitude and values. Today, the use of technology has been an effective tool on improving such kind of enrollment and grading system study, the use of Visual studio 2008 and SQL database will help to improve the efficiency of the enrollment and grading. In connection to that, the proponents contributed application software and benefits of the Cupang National High School to meet the high standard of quality.
2.1 Background of the problem Computer as the part of innovation in technology manifests bigger changes in world, economies, banks and other manufacturing centers flourished due to the catching power of computers in the field of education, not all school can afford to have numbers of computer to update the school manual system, which somehow caused a lot of inaccuracy and efficiency in the data processing records, rules and regulations, profiles and programs.
The enrollment and grading system we have proposed and proposing is for the school named Cupang National High School which provides secondary education to the graduates of the Cupang Elementary School in Cupang Antipolo City but then, the enrollment and grading system on the said school is still manual. And we have learned from addressing some surveys and random interviews around the school premises that, the manual enrollment system was too slow and difficult for the school to manage at the reason of lacking in faculty member who are knowledgeable enough on handling and managing such large manual files, record and folders.
The Cupang National High School (simply known as CNHS) is a public secondary school. CNHS is the extension of Antipolo National High School and become an independent school. CNHS is located at Purok 2, Zone 8 Cupang Antipolo City Rizal. The institution started in the school year 2002-2003 with 10 teachers under the leadership of Victoria Yuson. The first Seven months is the most difficult times in the history of the academe with no equipment and materials for teaching. Currently there are seventy four employees in the said school and 1,920 students enrolled this school year. 1.2 Overview of the current state of technology
Enrollment System is very essential in a school. In the case of Cupang National high School, it is composed of a manual system. Registrar used manual system in recording and retrieving student’s information. She also has information about student’s payment. In fact, she does all the record keeping just by using ball pen and columnar sheet. On the other hand, Registrar Department also used manual system as a way of recording and retrieving student information. Another department is Accounting Office that administers student’s payment manually. Above our observation, human interventions will highly involve in this type of system. As a result, this may involve errors and redundancy of data resulting troubles in organization.
Based on our research the school is using a manual computation of grades of each student, which is the traditional use when technology is not yet developed. Manual computation is very prompt to risk for any circumstances. It is time consuming in terms of recording grades, computation using of calculator. If some records are lost, they never retrieve it in terms of unexpected calamity. Accuracy and security is not been so defined because of above risks. Thus the proponent created a system entitled “Grading system”, which is most accurate, efficient and very easy to use and friendly user. To that, it will lessen their time and effort for computing grades. And eventually they avoid rushing submission of grades. Grading system will help a lot in the part of teachers, Schools, administration and as well as the security of data of students.
2.2 Project Rationale
The computer provides convenience to its user through the easier and faster way of transactions. Population of student in almost educational institution is rapidly increasing so great demand in teaching force is also becoming higher. Fortunately today’s generation of high technology of machine and tools can substitute these workers. The proponents made an Enrollment and grading System for Cupang National high School for it will make the company more productive efficient and convenient both the company and its students.
In Making the Information System, the system will benefit the following:
* To the users, the study will help them to process records and keep the grade of the students in a fastest and accurate way. It will help to keep and handle essential information of the students for the convenience of the students, faculty and to the personnel assign to enrollment in this education institution.
* To the Customers, The student can easily access and retrieval information regarding with the process of enrollment the effort in time and help to minimize the effort and time they exert.
* To the Proponents, This information system will not only fulfill a requirement but they can also use this as a basis of what they have learned in this course. The proponents would also be a beneficiary of the study since the proponents would value the importance of enhancing their skills and work performance while grasping knowledge throughout the study.
* To the Future Researcher, for the future students who will take up special project will gain benefits from this study especially if they are planning to develop the same system.